Monday, May 11, 2009

1/3 Scale Model of CASE steam traction Engine


This blog is being generated to share my experiences with you in the fabrication and machining of a 1/3 scale model of a CASE 65 steam traction engine. I have been at this project for many years and have a lot of pictures of my machine tool setups and notes on how to machine and fabricate different component parts of the engine. I plan to share my steaming experiences as well as tips and comments on the proper maintenance and care of a scale model steam engine. I have several other projects in the works that I hope to share with you as time goes by. But for now I will focus on the 1/3 CASE. The picture you see was taken at a tractor show in Goldsboro, NC. I still have the governor  and feed water heater to finish. The gear covers for the water pump and differential need to be started. So please check back often and I am always open to constructive comments.

2 comments: